[ocp-acf] Reviewing support for "Immersion Requirements rev2"

Raúl Álvarez

Hi Kim,

Raúl Álvarez, Lead Solution architect at Submer. We are an immersion cooling vendor who engineers and produces it's own Technological (Systems and accessories) and chemical (liquid) stack.

Those lifespans are highly dependant on the chemistry of the liquids. Our SmartCoolant liquid, is hydrocarbon-based, which by itself has a minimal amount of moisture, and not water-glycol based. Moreover, we constantly monitor the quality of the fluid with on-board sensors.

Hope I've helped to move you in the right direction.

Best regards,
Raúl Álvarez
Lead Solution Architect
+34 637 950 957
Raúl's LinkedIn
Submer - Datacenters that make sense - https://submer.com
Follow Submer in:

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 05:16, CKC KIMJINBAEK <cejnkorea@...> wrote:
Dear Rolf Brink, Don Mitchell and coolant manufacturers,

I want to ask you one question on how to maintain the quality and performance of coolant for a long time. If you already have an answer, I would be very grateful if you could guide me.

In the case of liquid cooling, it is very important to prevent the quality of the coolant from external moisture or contamination. When you talk about the 10-15 year lifespan you are talking about, please give your opinion on how to maintain the quality of coolant.

Stay safe and wish all nice summer vacation.

Thanks,
JB KIM

2021년 7월 23일 (금) 오전 6:36, Rolf Brink <rolf.brink@...>님이 작성:

Dear members of the OCP ACS and DCF groups,

I would like to let you know that the new Immersion Requirements Rev2 document has been prepared for broader community review. Since these requirements also relate to facilities and operators, I wish to request review support of both our communities.

Document link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VN0yd5bySgiIxwWTpWUcOejionp6cz5D/edit#heading=h.haapch

Review scope:

We welcome your support by reviewing the overall content, scope and quality of information.

Please do NOT comment on formatting, grammar or spelling. This will be too difficult to keep track of at this stage.

Please exclude the appendices, as these will be built and completed in the following stages of the document.

Special request to ACF group:

I kindly request your attention to chapter 6, “Datacenter Interface Requirements”, as this requires harmonisation with on-going activities.

On-going work

The document is still work in progress, so keep in mind that the following is still on-going:

  • Specific content related to fluid references is still being discussed and may be subject to change;
  • All requirements still need to be rewritten and more specifically categorised;
  • Intro and appendices will be finalised at the near-completion stage.

Feedback:

Please provide your feedback by means of comments in the document.

Please suggest change proposals or content additions in the following document:

“Suggested changes to ACS Immersion documents”: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXaiFskJUy1zsOZZ8OsPFXnQw4xF08ZLYOlRiftcpc0

Kind regards,

Rolf Brink

Asperitas

Immersed Computing®

T: +31 88 96 000 00 | M: +31 6 50 246 338 | E: Rolf.Brink@... | W: www.Asperitas.com

Find, follow and like us at LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Youtube and Twitter!

This electronic message contains information from Asperitas, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately.

Asperitas | Laarderhoogtweg 18 | 1101 EA Amsterdam | The Netherlands

--

-------------------------------

Kim,Jin-Baek/Managing director

CEJN Korea Co., Ltd. / 씨이제이엔코리아()

Tel 02-2662-0274~6    FAX 032-232-0637

Room 607, 6th Floor20 Magokjungang 1-ro, Gangseo-gu Seoul, Korea / Zip 07807

www.cejn.kr

Submer Technologies S.L. is a registered company with ID ESB66631375. Data ProtectionYou can enquire what information Submer stores about you and you can request access, rectification, limitation, opposition, portability or cancellation by sending an email to contact@.... Additional information can be found at https://submer.com/privacy-policyConfidentiality: This email and any attached files are intended for the named recipients only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately. You should take no action based on them and should not copy or show them to anyone.

Hi Raul,
let's keep a conversation free from advertising, brand names - you are doing a great job and with that scarcity of immersion cooling vendors' anybody knows Submer brand already.

Secondly, I believe JB KIM is not asking "how to prevent water-glycol" from moisture ;) and all understand that immersion systems use hydro carbonated fluids (dielectric oils) and not water-glycol for actual immersion :).

Anyway JB KIM with the closed immersion enclosures and usual immersion system temperature range + steel tanks -  it is unlikely to get moisture content in the dielectric oil, even in mobile applications without good ambient temp control. Most dielectric fluids are hydrophobic also, so water content is isolated to some extent.
Since insulating oils are used in transformers mostly, there is a lot of expertise in Transformer / insulating oil long-term maintenance. Companies use different oil purification systems from simple multi-filter carts to more sophisticated purification/dehydration / "drying" plants and mobile purifiers/machines.
Even contaminated dielectric oil, after treatment with vacuum, the multi-stage purifier, will have extremely low water content and will be clean from all impurities. So basically it's about observation, testing of water content (cheap to do on-site or in a remote lab) and if needed - purchase of own filter or ordering quick filtering service from a company dealing with insulation oils. Simple as that, and the immersion system will run for multiple years without any dielectric fluid change.

BR, Maciek
Maciek Szadkowski
CTO at DCX
whatsapp / mobile +48 601 228 528