Urgent OCP ACS Vendor Input Request - BIM content of Immersion, ColdPlate, DoorHX, CDU solutions

Don Mitchell <Don.Mitchell@...>

Action Request:  Need Revit Content from OCP Vendors For Data Center World

  • If OCP Vendors desire to have their products featured, need ASAP

Immersion, ColdPlate, DoorHX and associated CDU products of keen interest

Feel free to attend Weekly OCP ACF workstream update calls Tuesdays 1100 ET (UTC-4) if you wish to discuss

Link for calls listed above https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/952298085

See Discussion Below and attached PPT

Kind Regards

Don Mitchell

425-379-8335

Subproject Co-Lead for Advanced Cooling – Facilities (ACF) subproject

OpenCompute.org

Upcoming OCP Advanced Cooling Facilities Events

    • Case Study
    • OCP ACF Workshop on Reference Designs and Connection Standardizations

To be added to OCP – ACF Mail group:   https://ocp-all.groups.io/g/ocp-acf

All,

As an FYI, the BIM request from the ACF group is going to be for file formats such as RFA (Revit). We (MEP consultants) are frequently given SolidWorks, Inventor and other file formats to use which are completely useless to us in our work. Autodesk Revit won’t allow those file types to be directly imported to MEP Design models, so we have to create RFA files. The geometry we get from the aforementioned manufacturer design files are so large that, when RFA files are created from them, they are too large to be used and bring our servers to a standstill. Per Autodesk, RFA files are recommended to be no larger than 500 KB to be useful in Revit models. The one I’m currently working with on a project was 26.5 MB when created from a STEP file.

Thank you,

John Gross, PE, ATD

Owner, Mechanical Engineer

J. M. Gross Engineering, LLC              ENGINEERING

Richmond, TX 77406                           FACILITY ASSESSMENTS

Mobile: (832) 247-6671                     COMMISSIONING