Higher resolution VFF drawing?

Maxwell, William

I hope this is the right place to ask a question, I am new to the groups.io page. I am interested in a higher resolution drawing spec of the VFF DC-SCM in order to properly place the standard PCIe bracket. The images on Page 13 of the spec have very poor resolution and it’s hard to interpret the edges being measure. Can someone provide an easier to read drawing or a VFF CAD model with PCIe bracket?

Lior Elbaz

Hi William,

Pls note DC-SCM use SFF-TA-1002 type connector and not PCIe.

Check https://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Hardware_Management/Hardware_Management_Module

From: OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io <OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maxwell, William via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 22:12
To: OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io
Subject: [OCP-DC-SCM] Higher resolution VFF drawing?

I hope this is the right place to ask a question, I am new to the groups.io page. I am interested in a higher resolution drawing spec of the VFF DC-SCM in order to properly place the standard PCIe bracket. The images on Page 13 of the spec have very poor resolution and it’s hard to interpret the edges being measure. Can someone provide an easier to read drawing or a VFF CAD model with PCIe bracket?

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.
--

Thanks,

Lior Albaz.

Hardware Application Eng.

Email: Lior.Albaz@...

Maxwell, William

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

Lior,

Thank you for your response. I am referring to the sheet metal bracket, not the board connector. In the spec, the part is referenced as “Full Height SCM Bracket T = 0.8”. This is the part that I would like more information on, ideally a CAD model. Can this be a standard sheet metal PCIe bracket? Is there another standard shaped bracket being used?

It’s very difficult to determine what these measurements are referring to. 0.63mm is the distance between the top of the PCB and what? 3.3mm is the distance between the bracket edge and…what?

Thanks,

Will

From: OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io On Behalf Of Lior Elbaz via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 7:20 AM
Subject: Re: [OCP-DC-SCM] Higher resolution VFF drawing?

[CAUTION: External Email]

Hi William,

Check https://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Hardware_Management/Hardware_Management_Module

From: OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io <OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maxwell, William via groups.io

The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Nuvoton is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Nuvoton shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Nuvoton.
--

Thanks,

Lior Albaz.

Lior Elbaz

Hi William,

Got you. Unfortunately I don’t have this info. Maybe someone else in the forum does.  

Regards,

Lior.

Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 16:39

[AMD Official Use Only - Internal Distribution Only]

Lior,

Thank you for your response. I am referring to the sheet metal bracket, not the board connector. In the spec, the part is referenced as “Full Height SCM Bracket T = 0.8”. This is the part that I would like more information on, ideally a CAD model. Can this be a standard sheet metal PCIe bracket? Is there another standard shaped bracket being used?

It’s very difficult to determine what these measurements are referring to. 0.63mm is the distance between the top of the PCB and what? 3.3mm is the distance between the bracket edge and…what?

Thanks,

Will

From: OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io OCP-DC-SCM@OCP-All.groups.io On Behalf Of Lior Elbaz via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 7:20 AM

[CAUTION: External Email]

Hi William,

--

Thanks,

Lior Albaz.

--

Thanks,

Lior Albaz.