OCP Ready - Colo Site Assessment - Sustainability Metrics

mark.dansie@...

Hi DCF Group,

I would like to get your feedback re: suitable metrics for measuring a colocation data center’s sustainability, that should be used as part of the OCP Ready program .

Within the current colo site assessment we have the below attributes that help to measure a data center’s sustainability:

  • Site WUE Monitoring
  • Site CUE Monitoring

It would be great to have your input on any other metrics that we should be considering, for inclusion in the next iteration of the colo site assessment and also the colo facility guidelines doc., such as Energy Reuse Effectiveness (ERE).

Kind regards,

Mark Dansie

OCP ReadyTM Lead

Open Compute Project (OCP)

Mobile/Signal/WhatsApp/Telegram: +447986 502 896

Christopher McLean

Would be interesting to evolve stand-by power exercising and testing to seek a better balance between emissions and fossil fuel consumption. A lot of sites exercise with no load, and may create additional problems, like wet stacking, while yielding little actual benefit.

From: <OCP-DCF@OCP-All.groups.io> on behalf of "mark.dansie via groups.io" <mark.dansie@...>
Date: Monday, April 12, 2021 at 4:49 AM
To: "OCP-DCF@OCP-All.groups.io" <OCP-DCF@OCP-All.groups.io>, "OCP-MDC@OCP-All.groups.io" <OCP-MDC@OCP-All.groups.io>, "ocp-acf@OCP-All.groups.io" <ocp-acf@OCP-All.groups.io>
Subject: [OCP-DCF] OCP Ready - Colo Site Assessment - Sustainability Metrics

Hi DCF Group,

I would like to get your feedback re: suitable metrics for measuring a colocation data center’s sustainability, that should be used as part of the OCP Ready program .

Within the current colo site assessment we have the below attributes that help to measure a data center’s sustainability:

  • Site WUE Monitoring
  • Site CUE Monitoring

It would be great to have your input on any other metrics that we should be considering, for inclusion in the next iteration of the colo site assessment and also the colo facility guidelines doc., such as Energy Reuse Effectiveness (ERE).

Kind regards,

Mark Dansie

OCP ReadyTM Lead

Open Compute Project (OCP)

Mobile/Signal/WhatsApp/Telegram: +447986 502 896

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: M.C. Dean, Inc. and its subsidiaries considers this e-mail and any files transmitted with it to be protected, proprietary or privileged information intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). Any disclosure of this material or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, to anyone outside of the intended recipient or affiliates is strictly prohibited. M. C. Dean, Inc. accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information contained in it, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Employees of M.C. Dean, Inc. are instructed not to infringe on any rights of the recipient; any such communication violates company policy. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken or omitted in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited by M.C. Dean, Inc.; please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.