From: OCP-HPC@OCP-All.groups.io <OCP-HPC@OCP-All.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jinshui Liu via groups.io
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 10:12 AM
To: OCP-HPC@OCP-All.groups.io
Subject: [EXT]: Re: [OCP-HPC] Minutes

CAUTION: Email sent from outside Boyd.

Agree w/ 4 and Have a nice weekend! ---- Jinshui

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Timothy Wang via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 9:16 PM
To: OCP-HPC@OCP-All.groups.io
Subject: Re: [OCP-HPC] Minutes

Agree w/ 4. Have a nice weekend and take care there, Teams.

Jesus Love you!

Timothy Wang

More like Jesus

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 7:17 AM acantle <allan.cantle@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone

The minutes are now loaded up onto the Wiki and Michael should have the recording uploaded shortly.

Also I said that I would put out an email vote for the renaming of the OAM-HPC Module as some people have found it confusing with the OAM-V1 and OAM-V2 modules. I've not had any official complaints yet and, to a certain extent, the similar naming is relevant because we are planning on plugging into the same OAI Chassis's as OAM-V1 and OAM-V2, but I'm not too convinced that we should keep it.

So here are the candidates : -

1) OAM-HPC - Keep naming as is - stands for "OCP Accelerator Module for High Performance Computing"

2) HPCM - Simply stands for "HPC Module"

3) UCAM - Stands for "Universal Compute Accelerator Module"

4) UCAM - Stands for "Universal Computing Architecture Module"

Note that on 4) I've added a twist to the Acronym in 3). My reasoning is that I don't personally differentiate Classic CPU Computing from Accelerated Computing and, anyway, these lines are getting more and more blurred by the day! What we are actually offering is a Universal Computing Architecture that can be used to configure just about any type of Domain Specific Architecture.

So, I'd like to propose 4) as the naming we use moving forward. That said, everyone please vote and the one with the highest votes is the one we will move forward with.

Please simply vote by replying to this email with your chosen number 1, 2, 3 or 4.

thanks

Allan

--

==============

Allan Cantle

CEO

Nallasway Inc.

email : a.cantle@...

Cell : 805 377 4993

===============

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

acantle

Philippe, would you like to add U-CHAMP as option 5? :-)

Allan

Allan Cantle
Cell : 805 377 4993

On Jul 16, 2021, at 7:27 AM, Philippe Boisvert <Philippe.Boisvert@...> wrote:

How about U-CHAMP¬†ūüėä
It could stand for “Universal Computing Hardware Accelerator/Architecture Module Processor/Platform/Portfolio/Program/Project"

Philippe Boisvert P.Eng. M.Eng. MBA
Business Development
Ottawa, Canada
+1 613 790 2604

[...]

Philippe Boisvert

Not really! I was just playing mind Scrabble to see what words we could make with those letters….

Philippe.boisvert@...