Update SONiC/SAI pre-Summit workshop and Hackathon agenda
Xin Liu (CLOUD)
We are excited to update that the final workshop agenda and detailed hackathon instructions has been published out.
I posted it in the email. You can also find it in the registration link -
If you haven’t registered yet, please hurry up, the registration will be closed soon since it is approaching the cap.
Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Tuesday, March 12
9:30 – 10:00 - BREAKFAST SOCIAL
10-10:10 – OPENING AND WELCOME - Sadaf Fardeen, LinkedIn
10:10 – 10:30 – KEYNOTE - Zaid Kahn, LinkedIn
10:30 – 11:00 - "SONiC OS Virtualization and Data Plane Emulation Work" - Yongfeng Liu, Alibaba
11:05 - 11:35 - "SONiC in Microsoft Azure: Enabling Mission Critical Applications" - Alberto Gonzalez Prieto and Weixi Chen, Microsoft
11:40 - 12:10 - "SONIC Extension Infrastructure" - Matty Kadosh, Mellanox
12:15 - 12:45 - "Using programmable dataplanes to transform network system high availability" - Kumaresh Perumal, Barefoot
12:45 – 1:30 – LUNCH
1:30 - 2:00 - "Developer`s Overview of Sonic", - Praveen Chaudhary, Linkdedin
2:00 - 2:30 - "Opportunities and Obstacles for Open Source Networking" - Alley Hasan and Sandeep Madhavan, Dell
2:30 - 3:00 - "Cloud-grade Routing as a Micro-service for Open Networking Platforms" - Vinay Nallamothu, Juniper
3:00 – 3:15 – BREAK
3:15 – 3:45 – "Using NBI images for SONiC system on Cisco Platforms" - Ashoka Kallappa and Jiahua Wang, Cisco
3:45 – 4:15 – "SONiC unit test and function test enhancement" - Larry Ho, Edge-core
4:15 – 4:25 – HACKATHON INTRO - Sadaf Fardeen, LinkedIn
4:25 – 4:30 – BREAK
4:30 – 5:30 – System Setup Instructions and Team up
5:30 PM – DISPERSE
Wednesday, March 13
8:00am – 4:00pm – HACKATHON (Breakfast included)
12:00 - 1:00 - LUNCH
4:00 - 5:00 - HACKATHON PRESENTATION AND AWARD
Instructions for Hackathon:
Put on your thinking caps, team up with friends, and get ready to be the geek coder!! As a part of SONiC Workshop we are organizing a Hackathon for SONiC. Here are more details of the event. Feel free to reach out with questions if any.
1. Participate alone or in teams up to a size of 4.
2. Team up with anyone in the community.
3. Free to choose any idea as long as it is useful for SONiC. Some suggested areas: test framework, debugging, performance improvement, standard interfaces, Monitoring.
4. Execute on a virtual switch or a physical switch.
5. Hackathon begins at 4PM on 12th March and ends at 4 PM on 13th March. You are free to work at home or hotel during this period and come back at 4 PM for final presentation.
6. Participants from remote/video conferencing can also join.
7. Final presentation at 4PM on 13th March includes a working demo of 7-10 min.
8. Bring your own laptop for development.
9. Development in any programming language is fine as long as it can integrate with SONiC ecosystem.
10. Use of any off the shelf tools and package is allowed as long as it has appropriate license for use with SONiC.
1. Prepare your laptop for virtual switch based development by following instructions given here:
2.Reach out to community and form a team before the event.
1. Three winning teams to be chosen. $1000 per team.
2. Judging committee consists of Senior Engineering leaders from SONiC community and OCP
- Haiyong Wang, Senior Director, Alibaba Group
3. Criteria for evaluation : Relevance for SONiC, complexity in execution, overall presentation and uniqueness of idea.
4. All participants will get a swag
Click here for more information about the 2019 OCP Global Summit.