Re: SONiC community meeting agenda for 3/26 -- meeting notes and recording
Xin Liu (CLOUD)
Today’s SONiC community meeting recording is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK31WL173s&feature=youtu.be
Please find meeting notes below, thanks to Madhu from Aviz to take notes.
OCP MoM - 03/26/2019
· How to set up KVM to run SONiC image, this will help you to run SONiC without hardware - Shoutan Cheng
· How to run PTF test for SAI - Chitra Raghavan from Dell
How to set up KVM to run SONiC image, this will help you to run SONiC without hardware - Shoutan Cheng
The following questions on new virtual switch platform for SONiC Development?
· Since ASIC replaced with virtual switch Kernel in virtual switch platform how does it behave when interfaces changes ex: up/down? No difference, it's SAI sdk
· Is new virtual switch platform is available on GIT? Not yet, since this is next version of virtual switch platform, Shoutan will post it after few tests.
· Why can't use VS dockers instead KVM VS ? VS is the appropriate option to mimic real switch.
· Is KVM VS server mandatory for 1804 and next releases? - Yes
· How much test coverage with virtual switch platform ? You could cover all the control plane and SWSS etc.
· Where can we find these virtualTestBed Steps? Yes, it is available on Git
· How do troubleshoot KVM-KVM packet drop issues ? You could run tcpdump etc tools on host side.
· Is SONiC using FRR? No it's using Quagga, but you could run FRR virtual switch
· Is virtual switch VM using SONiC Linux Kernel ? yes
· How many Real cores and Hyper Threading cores? Shoutan will update the correct number of physical and HT cores in the test bed document.
· Shall we use other than Arista Eos ? Yes, you could use any virtual switch.
How to run PTF test for SAI - Chitra Raghavan from Dell
PTF - to test and validate infrastructure
The following questions on ptf framework usage.
· Can we use ptf on physical NICs? Yes
· Is this four ports mandatory? No [4 ports are enough to cover all the tests]
· Can we extend more ports ? Yes
· Do we need to stop SYNCD process to run the test suite ? yes
· Is ptf integrated with Ansible - No
· Does it need any intermediate device to intercept tag and untag? - Yes
Introduced new webpage for SONiC and walk through wiki and new pages - Xin
Setup Slack workspace - Zheng from Juniper
From: OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io <OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io> On Behalf Of Xin Liu (CLOUD) via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2019 10:16 PM
To: 'sonicproject@...' <sonicproject@...>; OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io
Subject: [OCP-Networking] SONiC community meeting agenda for 3/26
Please note that our community meeting has changed to bi-weekly Tuesday morning 8am~9am PST since this week.
The invitation from OCP is attached. The bridge is GoToMeeting.
The tentative agenda for tomorrow is
- How to set up KVM to run SONiC image, this will help you to run SONiC without hardware
- How to run PTF test for SAI
Please check it out.