Meeting Minutes: [Re: SAI community meeting agenda 4/4/2019 ]
Jai Kumar <jai.kumar@...>
Community discussed following approaches for IFA/IOAM/P4INT etc INT impelementations.
- TAM as a single object where SAI driver maps the TAM sub objects like collector, report, INT etc attributes, to hw pipeline
- ACL as a single object where SAI driver maps ACL directly with other applicable TAM sub objects like collector, report, INT etc attributes. To hw pipeline
- Both approaches work. Following is guidelines for implementation which will be captures in the spec (Mickey and Jai)
- If SONiC system is using a simple INT implementation then ACL based object MAY be used
- If SONiC system is using a comprehensive TAM implementation with data streaming, events, reports etc then TAM base object MUST be used.
Mickey and Jai will work offline to capture the workflow and guidelines in TAM spec.
From: "Xin Liu (CLOUD)" <xinxliu@...>
Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 at 7:19 PM
To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: "OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io" <OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io>, Michael Schill <michael@...>, Jai Kumar <jai.kumar@...>, Hui Ma <huima@...>
Subject: SAI community meeting agenda 4/4/2019
Tomorrow’s SAI community meeting will be :
- Review workflow for TAM Object in SAI driver to translate into ACL object by Mickey
Meeting bridge in the attachment.
Previous’ meeting recording are published at : https://www.opencompute.org/wiki/Networking/SAI
Join OCP-Networking@OCP-All.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.