Topics

ONIE Release 2019.11 is now publicly available.

Alex Doyle

Hi everyone.
 The 2019-11 ONIE release is now available!
I'd like to thank you all for your patience while I hammered out the bugs in the new Docker container release build environment. I believe this will make it a lot easier to maintain older builds of ONIE, test code changes that would affect all platforms,  and assist in reproducing any build issues.
 With the release out I'll be continuing to work towards making those tools publicly available, and in the meantime I'll start processing the backlog of pull requests which didn't make the lockdown for this release.
Expect  that new machine adds will get processed faster than functional changes, given that the former just have to build whereas the latter require a bit more thought and testing.

Release notes follow, and thank you for your contributions!

-Alex Doyle
ONIE Project Lead

The 2019-11 branch:

----- Release notes ------
2019.11-rc1 Public Release

New Hardware Platforms
======================
cadc95f8 Accton AS4630_54PE
56f25971 Alpha Networks STX60D0-062F
f96824e4 Pegatron FN_6254_DN_F: add to support ONIE
f3d9b310 Pegatron common_bde
59f29580 Juniper QFX5210-64C-S: add to support ONIE
85dbbe82 Inventec D10064: add to support ONIE
78216180 Marvell machine support for armada-7020-comexp

Build and Release / Improvements
================================
f61333e9 Support system wide download cache at /var/cache/onie/download

Bugs Fixes / Improvements
=========================
a53aec4f Juniper QFX5210-64C-S  Add support for building the 'demo' target.
8768d630 Fixed typo in contrib/build-env/README.md

Misc:
=====
This is the first release where all build,test and
release steps were done in preconfigured Docker
containers.

----- Statistics from Git -----
A total of 47807 lines added, 6 removed (delta 47801)

Developers with the most changesets
adoyle                       2 (16.7%)
Max Lee                      2 (16.7%)
Ciju Rajan K                 2 (16.7%)
david_yang                   1 (8.3%)
TalisHsieh                   1 (8.3%)
OsbonYang                    1 (8.3%)
Gil Tabibian                 1 (8.3%)
Yannick Fricke               1 (8.3%)
Willie                       1 (8.3%)

Developers with the most changed lines
Gil Tabibian              38640 (80.8%)
Max Lee                   7995 (16.7%)
Willie                     316 (0.7%)
Ciju Rajan K               313 (0.7%)
david_yang                 215 (0.4%)
OsbonYang                  206 (0.4%)
TalisHsieh                  92 (0.2%)
adoyle                      29 (0.1%)
Yannick Fricke               1 (0.0%)

Developers with the most lines removed

Developers with the most signoffs (total 20)
adoyle                      12 (60.0%)
Balasubramanyam A            2 (10.0%)
Ciju Rajan K                 2 (10.0%)
TalisHsieh                   1 (5.0%)
david_yang                   1 (5.0%)
Willie                       1 (5.0%)
Gil Tabibian                 1 (5.0%)

Top changeset contributors by employer
Cumulus Networks             2 (16.7%)
Juniper Networks             2 (16.7%)
max_lee@...     2 (16.7%)
Marvell                      1 (8.3%)
talisych@...           1 (8.3%)
Alpha Networks               1 (8.3%)
Inventec                     1 (8.3%)
Accton Technology            1 (8.3%)
yannickfricke@...    1 (8.3%)

Top lines changed by employer
Marvell                   38640 (80.8%)
max_lee@...  7995 (16.7%)
Inventec                   316 (0.7%)
Juniper Networks           313 (0.7%)
Accton Technology          215 (0.4%)
Alpha Networks             206 (0.4%)
talisych@...          92 (0.2%)
Cumulus Networks            29 (0.1%)
yannickfricke@...    1 (0.0%)

Employers with the most signoffs (total 20)
Cumulus Networks            12 (60.0%)
Juniper Networks             4 (20.0%)
Marvell                      1 (5.0%)
Inventec                     1 (5.0%)
Accton Technology            1 (5.0%)
talisych@...           1 (5.0%)

Employers with the most hackers (total 9)
Cumulus Networks             1 (11.1%)
Juniper Networks             1 (11.1%)
Marvell                      1 (11.1%)
Inventec                     1 (11.1%)
Accton Technology            1 (11.1%)
talisych@...           1 (11.1%)
max_lee@...     1 (11.1%)
Alpha Networks               1 (11.1%)
yannickfricke@...    1 (11.1%)

Alex Doyle

Hi everyone.

One additional note - the documentation web pages https://opencomputeproject.github.io/onie/index.html might be different this release, but they look OK to me so far.

The reason for this is that my new Debian 9 based build environment uses a newer version of Sphinx (1.7.9 , vs last release's 1.6.7) to generate the html and js files, which resulted in:
1 - a large number of generated files showing up as modified before git check in.
2 - me freaking out, as the number of files with changes was way higher than the few I had touched.

After git diffing files I ran it down to the Sphinx version change generating files differently. Local testing that nothing really looked different, the data seemed to be there and the search box worked, I decided that this was OK and pushed the changes.

Point being, if anything looks to be broken with the documentation, do let me know/file a bug.

Thanks!
-Alex Doyle
ONIE Project Lead.