Re: [EXT] [OCP-Storage] OCP Virtual Summit - On Demand Storage Solutions Sessions

Jason Adrian

Great question Bernadette! I've been talking to folks and WDC and Seagate to solicit some volunteers to help drive the sub-group but I don't think we've aligned everything yet. We are working on this, and we absolutely need to get this going. In the meantime, within NVMe workgroup, there are some efforts looking at what is needed for NVMe HDDs. If anyone on this list is involved with the NVMe group, perhaps they can comment more on what is occurring there.

Jason

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 9:44 AM Bernadette Nguyen <bernang@...> wrote:

Good morning Kate!

I agreed that the storage sessions were indeed popular. I’d like to follow up on Jason’s action item of forming subgroup of NVMe HDD. Was it happened and made any progress since OCP?

Thank you,

Bernadette

From: OCP-Storage@OCP-All.groups.io <OCP-Storage@OCP-All.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kate Hendle
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:35 AM
To: OCP-Storage@ocp-all.groups.io
Subject: [EXT] [OCP-Storage] OCP Virtual Summit - On Demand Storage Solutions Sessions

External Email

Storage Solutions Project Group,

Thank you to those who participated in the OCP Virtual Summit. The Storage Solutions track was popular and had some great content! Don't forget that these sessions are available to view on demand for the next several months.

CLICK HERE to view the Storage Solutions track sessions on demand!

Storage Solutions Track Sessions:

· Storage Project Update

· Cloud SSD - Microsoft / Facebook Collaboration

· Enabling Full Stack QoS with IO Priority

· HDD Queuing for Cloud Configurations

· NVMe HDD's - The Future Starts Now

· Ethernet Attached NVMe-oF Devices and Platforms

· EDSFF: Dynamic Family of Form Factors for Data Center SSDs

· Form Factors for the Future

· Optimizing Flash Form Factors for the Cloud

· Future Device Form Factors

· SSD Thermal Simulation Standardization

· Enabling Robust JBOD designs Via SPL Design Targets

· Can Block Storage Devices Converge on NVMe Protocol?

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Kate Hendle

Open Compute Project Foundation

Office: Chicago, IL (CST)

Did you miss the 2020 OCP Virtual Summit? Registration is still free, and all sessions and Expo Hall booths are on-demand now, click here! And mark your calendar for the 2021 OCP Global Summit in San Jose, CA March 3 - 4. Sponsor spots are filling up!

Join OCP-Storage@OCP-All.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.