[OCP] IC nominations to represent Security Project (Andres Lagar-Cavilla )

Siamak Tavallaei <tavallaei@...>

Greetings OCP colleagues,

OCP IC nominations are in, and I would like to ask for your endorsement and vote for my colleague, Dr. Andres Lagar-Cavilla, as the Security Project representative on the Incubation Committee.

During the May Server Project call, we presented the attached concept for a Datacenter-ready Integrated System (DC-Stack).  It is based on the earlier contribution of the Datacenter-ready Secure Control Module (DC-SCM) to the Hardware Management Project.

Anderes is a founding member of the overall concept for such an integrated hardware and software system to serve various enterprise, edge, and hyperscale datacenters.  As a security and software expert, his contributions to the open-source community also include OCP Security Project and Open System Firmware Project.

I invite you to reach out to the OCP voting member of your company and elect Anders to represent the Security Project at the Incubation Committee so that we may collectively continue to move a holistic integrated system forward with your help.

Yours in Open-source Community,
Siamak Tavallaei
Chief Systems Architect, Google Systems Infrastructure
Director, CXL Consortium

In his words:

Andres Lagar-Cavilla

Google

I build and research computer systems. I am the horizontal lead for platform Security and the Tech Lead for system software at Google's Technical Infrastructure. I have led memory management, kernel release, and production mitigation of black swans. I co-founded GridCentric, a Toronto virtualization startup. From January 2010 to October 2011 I worked in AT&T Labs Research. I got my PhD and MSc from University of Toronto. I got the NSERC Doctoral Prize for 2010, the Eurosys best paper award for 2009, and an NSERC Canada Graduate Scholarship. I got my undergrad in Universidad Nacional del Sur in Bahia Blanca, Argentina. Specialties: platform security, systems software, Cloud computing, server virtualization, memory management, operating systems, virtual machines.