SSD thermal modeling methodology proposal - material to facilitate October 29 SSD form factor workshop

Jason Adrian

Hi all,

Microsoft would like to share a thermal modeling proposal in preparation for the October 29th workshop. We will also send out a template for simulation results prior to the meeting as well. We plan to share the data that we have seen during our evaluation of different SSD widths and pitches during the workshop. This thermal modeling proposal is far from finished, but we wanted to share this early to foster any conversations prior to the workshop. Hopefully with a consistent methodology, we are able to better articulate and discuss form-factor tradeoffs during the workshop.

We can also look at making this an official OCP contributed specification if there is enough interest.

Regards,

Jason