Storage Workgroup - SSD Form Factor Meetup, October 29

Jason Adrian

Hi all,
We currently are seeing a proliferation in SSD form factors. Can we debate as a wider audience the pro's and con's of each and ideally reduce the  number of desired form factors? We've got U.2, m.2, 2 variants of El.L, 4 variants of E1.S, NF1, etc.

To discuss:
Mechanical form factors
Capacity limits
Thermal considerations
etc.

Since we have the HDD focused workshop on October 28, we decided to create this 1-off topic as the community has the ability to steer the broader industry and now is an optimal time. We think this will be a ~4 hour workshop, and are looking for a potential host. Please RSVP if you are interested below, and let us know if you could host this event.

Regards,
Jason

Brad Besmer

Adrian,