A Letter from the OCP Foundation

Archna Haylock

A Year in Review -

We are wrapping up another year here at OCP and getting ready for our Global Summit in San Jose, CA in March next year. As we look back on 2018, there have been a lot of firsts for OCP…

  • Over 3400 attendees at our Summit in March - this was a record attendance number for OCP.

  • OCP’s impact was over $1B globally (non board revenue) - this was an incredible result of our entire community - our partners, solution providers (SPs) and adopters globally.

  • OCP’s Marketplace hits over 100 products and growing. Thank you to our Solution Providers!

  • OCP’s Contributions have been at an all time high - consisting of specs, design files, reference architectures, tested configurations, white papers, case studies, embedded software, recognized products and now recognized colo facilities. A Big Thanks to all our contributing members!!

  • OCP added 2 incubation projects - this was due to a huge demand from our Community. Again, incubation projects are a first for OCP.

  • OCP has the highest number of sub-projects and work streams in its history. A big Thanks to all our Community members who brought forward some great ideas for collaboration!!!

  • OCP has had so much demand for embedded SW - record increase in the number of SW participants in the OCP Community. Rajeev Sharma (DIr of SW and Technology) was added to our Foundation to address this demand.

  • OCP’s launch of the OCP Ready™ Certification Mark - a new Facility Recognition Program for Colos. OCP has updated and added some new agreements to officially launch this program - these are effective immediately

    • New Trademark Usage Policy - new trademarks that we are incorporating

    • OCP Ready™ Certification Mark Agreement

    • Colo Solution Provider Agreement

  • If you are making products based on OCP specs or would like to contribute your own specs, OCP will validate and recognize your products as part of our Product Recognition Program. It’s free!!!

  • OCP’s Website has been revamped and is now collecting all sorts of Marketplace analytics!

  • OCP’s membership is also at a record high, over 185 corporate members and climbing.

  • OCP held a record number of workshops this year - both State-side and abroad.

  • OCP held its first of many Regional Summits in Amsterdam in Oct.

  • OCP started regional project communities in Korea and China, adding to our ASIA community (Japan and Taiwan are well underway). Our first meetup was held in China for SONiC!

  • OCP’s New membership requirements were well met - lots of collaboration and new contributions have come in!  Thank you to all that helped.

  • OCP’s move to new collaboration tools - GoToMeeting for our project calls, Groups.io for our mailing list

This just means that we are growing and the demands of our Community are growing. And OCP is prepared to address these demands!

So what’s new for 2019:

It’s full speed ahead for the OCP crew and its volunteer leaders.

  • OCP’s Global Summit March 14-15 @ San Jose, CA - Call for Participation of Keynotes and Workshop Sessions is underway. Workshop sessions are being planned and sponsorships are filling up! Get involved!

  • OCP will do the Regional Summit in Amsterdam in Fall 2019 as well. Stay tuned.

  • OCP’s Solution Provider (SP) Portal will be enabled to allow SPs and Colo SPs to directly take their OCP recognized products/facilities  and update the OCP Marketplace.

  • OCP’s Contribution Portal will be enhanced to allow for easy online submission of contributions - No More Stinkin’ Checklists!

  • OCP has a GitHub Directory - lots of good activity going on here. See all the Commits on our platforms.

  • OCP will be collaborating more with other open organizations for cross-organization demos and work-streams. Stay tuned.

    • If you are interested, please contact us.

  • OCP is updating their legal structure to accommodate GDPR and other initiatives on Jan 1, 2019.

    • New OCP Contribution License Agreement - new umbrella structure to avoid legal churn.

    • New OCP Copyright License Agreement - new umbrella structure to avoid legal churn.

    • New OCP Joint Development Agreement - allow more accountability for participants

  • OCP has updated and added some new agreements to officially launch our Facility Recognition Program - these are effective immediately

    • New Trademark Usage Policy - new trademarks that we are incorporating

    • OCP Ready™ Certification Mark Agreement - launching our Facility Recognition Program

    • Colo Solution Provider Agreement - to allow for a new class of solution providers

  • OCP is constantly updating our website to showcase continued improvement - all our docs, contributions, events, project calls, etc are online!

  • OCP will be participating at more conferences in 2019. Check out our Upcoming Events page.

    • If you are interested in presenting on our behalf, please contact us.

  • A LOT more workshops are being scheduled. Check out our Upcoming Events Page for more info.

    • If you want to host a workshop or sponsor one, please let us know.

Thank you so much for your participation and contribution to OCP. We are humbled by your support and for making us a successful collaboration platform. We look forward to many more successes with your continued support.  If you have any questions on any of the items above or how to get your company more involved with OCP, please do not hesitate to contact the OCP Team.

Archna Haylock
Community Director
Open Compute Project
Cell: 408-921-9050

The 2018 OCP Global Summit will be in San Jose on March 14-15.  Click Here to learn more. #OCPGlobal19

Join main@OCP-All.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.