OCP Sustainability Initiative is underway!! Please join us!

Archna Haylock

All

minor error in the Mailing List Links,  the last link was incorrect in my email. Below are the correct ones.
Lifecycle of Systems and Components:  https://ocp-all.groups.io/g/Sustainability-Lifecycles

Sorry for the confusion!

Archna
--

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 10:27 AM Archna Haylock via groups.io <archna=opencompute.org@groups.io> wrote:
hi OCP Community,

As part of the OCP 2021 Strategic initiatives, Sustainability has been identified as a key area of focus and opportunity here at OCP. Sustainability has a very broad meaning in the industry and I know some experts cringe when they hear "Sustainability" being used in such a wide-ranging manner. OCP is currently addressing this in our ecosystem. While we have been supporting this for some time with our Circular Economy solutions on the OCP Marketplace, we are now trying to tackle some very specific items.  Please join us as we get underway and bring your ideas and suggestions. We have identified 2 workstreams and are starting initial discussions as early as next week!

GENERAL SUSTAINABILITY
led by Dharmesh Jani (FB), Tiffany Jin (FB), Bobbie Mann (MSFT)
  • General discussion, work stream updates, etc.
  • Next Call:  April 14th 10am PT, held biweekly.
  • Please join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://www.gotomeet.me/Michael-Schill/ocp-sustainability-initiative-call-line
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
Access Code: 245-170-117

WORKSTREAM #1:  METRICS -  LCA (Life Cycle Assessment)
led by Jordan Tse (FB),  John Laban (OCP), Bill Carter (OCP)

Mission: To identify key elements in system and component design on HW side and SW side (where applicable) that can improve re-usability at the highest level of consumption aka re-usability of a rack level system prefered over sub-rack systems over piece part systems (component level).

The primary mission of this workstream is to identify industry best practices that can be deployed across vendors, suppliers as well as end user behavior that promotes re-usability and circularity. Primary focus of the group is to solve circularity from a technical and operational point of view.

WORKSTREAM #2: LIFECYCLE OF SYSTEMS/COMPONENTS
led by John Miranda (Intel) and Fahmida Bangert (ITRenew)
Mission: To define methods for assessing environmental impact associated with the key stages of the life cycle of a certified open compute project components, systems and devices. The goal of these methods is to publish metrics and the methodology that are relevant for the OCP community to improve design, development and deployment of sustainable data center infrastructure that strives to reduce carbon footprint with every new generation.

Initial call: April 9th  9am PT, frequency TBD.
Please join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://www.gotomeet.me/Michael-Schill/ocp-sustainability-initiative-call-line
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679
United States: +1 (571) 317-3116
Access Code: 245-170-117

Archna Haylock
Community Director
Open Compute Project
Cell: 408-921-9050
WhatsApp: +14089219050  ||  WeChat: archnahaylock  ||  Twitter: @ArchnaOCP
For More Info on Memberships, Projects or How to Get Involved, contact me!