OCP moves to DCO Model for Software Contributions - effective Nov 15, 2021

Archna Haylock

OCP Community,

OCP Foundation has decided to make things easy for our Software Community by moving to a DCO only model (Developers Certificate of Origin) as it provides minimal risk to our users and contributing members and offers a better developers experience. Effective Nov 15th 2021, a Software Contribution License Agreement will no longer be required for code contributions. Only a DCO will be needed. The DCO Github App has already been configured for active software projects with the OCP instance of GitHub.  It requires all commit messages to contain the Signed-off-by line with an email address that matches the commit author.

The DCO will give developers greater flexibility and portability for their contributions and we hope this change encourages more developers to contribute to OCP.

Thank you!
Rajeev, Archna and the OCP Foundation Staff

--

Archna Haylock
Chief Community Officer

ARE YOU READY FOR OPEN POSSIBILITIES??? Registration is open for our hybrid Global Summit and the Schedule is up. Click here for more details! #OCPGLO21 #OCPOpenPossibilities #OCPopenforall