Topics

Cellular Data Center

Hesham

Hi

I am interested to find out if there is any work in OCP projects that is related to using Celluar in the Data Center.

Thanks

Hesham

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

William Carter

No current projects looking at cell usage inside the DC.  Currently gateways and RAN controller hardware for access.

Regards,

Bill Carter
Chief Technology Officer
Open Compute Project Foundation

Cell:  (360) 790-1874
Twitter:  @SavePowerBill

On May 15, 2020, at 10:40 PM, Hesham <helbakoury@...> wrote:

Hi
I am interested to find out if there is any work in OCP projects that is related to using Celluar in the Data Center.
Thanks
Hesham

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hesham

Is there joint work between ORAN and OCP ?
Thanks
Hesham

On Tue, May 19, 2020, 1:52 PM William Carter <bill@...> wrote:

No current projects looking at cell usage inside the DC.  Currently gateways and RAN controller hardware for access.

Regards,

Bill Carter
Chief Technology Officer
Open Compute Project Foundation

Cell:  (360) 790-1874
Twitter:  @SavePowerBill

On May 15, 2020, at 10:40 PM, Hesham <helbakoury@...> wrote:

Hi
I am interested to find out if there is any work in OCP projects that is related to using Celluar in the Data Center.
Thanks
Hesham

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rajeev Sharma

The O-RAN Alliance created workgroup #7 (WG7) to define white box hardware for the radio access network.   We do not have a formal relationship with O-RAN WG7 yet, but we do have many overlapping members.   The final WG7 spec was authored by Nokia and ATT and both lead within the OCP Edge project.  Hope this helps.

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:45 PM Hesham <helbakoury@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Rajeev
How I can join the ORAN-OCP project ?
Hesham