In memory of Gundrala "Devendar" Goud

Archna Haylock

Picture1.jpg

It is with great sadness that we inform our Community of the unexpected passing of Gundrala “Devender” Goud, who passed away on December 4, 2021 in Portland, Oregon. Devender was an esteemed member of the OCP Community and will be missed. Please keep his family in your thoughts as they go through this difficult time.

Devender was a Senior Engineering Director at Microsoft, Redmond, where he led the System Engineering organization. Prior to joining Microsoft, Devender worked at Intel in the Data Center Group for over 17 years and held various technical leadership positions. Devender earned his Executive MBA from UW Seattle and MS/BS in EE from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He held over 10 patents in the areas of software, firmware, enterprise & blade servers.

Over the years, Devender made significant contributions to the Open Compute Project, which included a two-year tenure as the Project Co-Lead of Open System Firmware Project Community.

Devender is survived by his wife, Shobha and two sons; Abhinav, who is currently pursuing his Junior year in ECE at UC Berkeley and Pranav, who is a Freshman at Brown University. His family is traveling to India for last rites and to be with extended family in this time of grief.

OCP expresses their deep sense of gratitude for Devender’s passion for open-source technology and his invaluable support to our Community. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Please direct all inquiries to Archna Haylock or Mallik Bulusu. We appreciate your patience on responses.

Regards,
Archna and Mallik

--

Archna Haylock