OCP: Project Lead Nominees Announced for Select Projects!

Archna Haylock

The Open Compute Project Foundation would like to thank all of the candidates who participated in this Project Lead (PL) Call for Nominations. Several candidates came forward for these volunteer positions. Those that met our Eligibility Criteria have moved forward as suitable candidates. Those that were not able to meet the criteria this term, we strongly encourage you to get involved in our Communities and if the opportunity arises for a Sub-Project or Work stream leader position, we will be sure to reach out to you directly. The candidate(s) are announced below in the table in Blue.

Action: Your Primary POC will be receiving a voting link (via Google Forms) either today or tomorrow. Please remind your primary point of contact to vote! They are counting on you! If you would like to know who your POC is, please contact Archna Haylock at archna.haylock@....

Changes to the Voting Process:

As with our IC Elections, Project Elections will follow the same process now. Voting Keys will be distributed via the Primary Point of Contact (POC) listed in the Membership Agreement or appointed by the Member Company.

  • Community level Members will have 1 key to vote per position.The POC will provide 1 unique corporate email address that will be eligible to vote on behalf of the company.

  • Silver level Members will have 2 keys to vote per position. The POC will provide 2 unique corporate email addresses that will be eligible to vote on behalf of the company. If only 1 email is provided, that vote will be counted twice.

  • Gold level Members will have 3 keys to vote per position. The POC will provide 3 unique corporate email addresses that will be eligible to vote on behalf of the company. If less than 3 emails are provided, the first vote will be counted multiple times to account for the balance.

  • Platinum level Members will have 4 keys to vote per position. The POC will provide 4 unique corporate email addresses that will be eligible to vote on behalf of the company. If less than 4 emails are provided, the first vote will be counted multiple times to account for the balance.

Thank you to the Current Team Members

As an open community, the success of OCP is due to the tireless work of our members who generously give of their time and expertise. We want to recognize those individuals who are stepping down from their roles. These individuals have helped to shape OCP strategically and scaled these communities into their current thriving state. Their vision made sure that OCP made a global impact from a total solutions perspective:

  • Networking Project: Omar Baldonado (Meta), Roopa Prabhu (NVidia)

  • Open System Firmware Project: Ryan O’Leary (Google)

  • Rack and Power Project:  Caleb Lusk (Rittal)

  • Security Project: Nate Klein (Google)

  • Server Project: Shailaja Malladi (Microsoft)

  • Storage Project: Dave Landsman (WDC)

  • Telco Project: Marko Hokkanen (Nokia)

Thank you for all that you have done for the OCP Community! Your involvement, expertise and leadership has shaped OCP into the successful Community it is today.

Voting Timeline

  • Monday, July 18th - Voting Phase Begins

  • Friday, July 29th - Voting Phase Ends

  • Monday, August 1st - New Leads Announced

  • August 4th - August 22nd - Transition/On-Boarding of New Project Leads

  • Thurs August 4th - First Meeting with Incubation Committee

  • August 22nd - New Project Leads assume Project Responsibilities

ELECTION STARTS!

Please see the Project Lead nominees (either solo or team) for the 2022-2024 Term. Please note that elections will only take place if there are more than 1 eligible candidates/teams that are running for the position. Some projects are not holding elections since the candidate/team are running uncontested.

Project

Nominee(s)

Election Status

Networking

Choice #1: Barak Gafni (Nvidia) and Ravindra Sunkad (Meta)

Election

Choice #2: Mike Lane (Amazon)

Open System Firmware

Choice #1 : Anjaneya "Reddy" Chagam (Intel) and Jonathan Zhang (Meta)

Election

Choice #2: Mallik Bulusu (Microsoft)

Storage

Choice #1: Amber Huffman (Google) and Ross Stenfort (Meta)

Election

Choice #2: Mike Allison (Samsung)

Choice #3: Shane Kavanagh (Microsoft)

UNCONTESTED TEAMS/INDIVIDUALS PROJECT LEADS for the 2022-2024 Term!

CONGRATULATIONS to the below Individuals and Team who ran uncontested and are now leading some of our Projects!

Project

Nominee(s)

Election

Cooling Environments

Don Mitchell (Victaulic) and Sean Sivapalan (Intel)

Uncontested

Data Center Facility

Brett Lehman (PCX) and Madhusudan (Google)

Uncontested

Hardware Management

Hemal Shah (Broadcom) and Bob Stevens (Dell)

Uncontested

Rack and Power

Hamid Keyani (Meta) and Steve Moore (Rittal)

Uncontested

Security

Bryan Kelly (Microsoft) and

Jeff Anderson (Google)

Uncontested

Server

John Stuewe (Dell) and Mark A Shaw (Microsoft)

Uncontested

Time Appliance Project (TAP)

Ahmad Byagowi (Meta)

Uncontested

Telco

Ripen Checker (Cisco) and Loren Staley (Edgecore)

Uncontested

Regards
Archna
--